Please enter 409 W Riordan Rd when using GPS to arrive at our main entrance and parking lot.
Tours of Riordan Mansion
The guided tour is the only way to experience the interior of the mansion. Guided tours are not included with the park entrance fee.
Self-Guided Tours of the Grounds
Included with the park entrance fee, visitors can explore the grounds with the self-guided tour handout that describes the numbered stations around the house. The handout is available in the Visitor Center or via QR code.
Riordan Mansion Guided Tours
Tour capacity is currently limited. Reservations are strongly encouraged. Park entrance fee will be collected on arrival at the park.
Please enter 409 W Riordan Rd when using GPS to ensure that it brings you to our main entrance and parking lot.
Riordan Mansion Guided Tour
Important: If you are not feeling well, are showing any symptoms of COVID-19, or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please delay your visit or call us to reschedule for a later date.
Make Guided Tour Reservation and Book Tickets
Tour capacity is limited. For same day reservations (based on availability) call (928) 779-4395.
Advance reservations can be made here or by calling 877-MY-PARKS, option 1.
Riordan Mansion Guided Tour
Time: 1 hour
The Riordan Mansion is an Arts & Crafts Style duplex built in 1904 for two Riordan families.
Guided tours of the East House (Tim and Caroline Riordan’s home) are offered on the hour and last approximately one hour. The last tour of the day leaves at 4:00pm. The personally guided tour features information on the Riordan family and Flagstaff history, architecture, and furniture. The impressive home contains an exceptional collection of original Craftsman furnishings with appointments by Edison, Stickley, Ellis, and Steinway. The guided tour finishes on the first floor of the West House (Michael and Elizabeth Riordan’s home) where guests can explore displays about the family, the Arts and Crafts movement, and other local interests.
A variety of special tours are available throughout the year, including the Second Sunday Special Themed Tours, evening Halloween Tours, and the Christmas Twilight Tour. Visit https://azstateparks.com/riordan-mansion/events to learn more about the upcoming tours.
General Guided Tour Information
All tours are led by a trained guide; no self-guided tours of the interior are available. It is recommended that tours be booked as far in advance as possible to ensure availability. No food, drink, backpacks, large bags, or strollers are permitted on the tour. Late arrival may result in the forfeiture of your reserved tour time. We also request that you familiarize yourself with our very important Guided Tour Rules, Reservation & Cancellation Policies. Pets are not permitted inside buildings. Please do not leave pets in vehicles while taking a tour.
Visitor Tip: Selecting a Tour Time
Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your tour. This will allow you enough time to check in and orient yourself to the facilities. Plan for additional time either before or after your tour to explore the visitor center exhibits and the grounds. If you are taking the 4:00 tour, arrive 30-45 minutes early.
Please note that Arizona is on Arizona Standard Time and does NOT participate in Daylight Saving Time.
Tickets & Reservations
Reservations are highly recommended for all tours. You will need to pick up your tickets in the visitor center on the day of your tour; we do not mail out tour tickets. Bring your reservation receipt with you to the park. Tour tickets must be picked up AT LEAST 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time. Late arrival may result in the forfeiture of your reserved tour time.
Any tickets not reserved in advance will be sold at the park on a first-come, first-served basis on the day of the tour. There is no guarantee there will be any first-come, first-served, unreserved tickets available on any given day. Don't risk not seeing the interior of the house – make advanced reservations.
Information for Parents
The guided tour is an hour long of standing, staying on a red carpet, and not touching artifacts. Please consider your child’s age and personality as you decide if the tour is appropriate for your family. It is not uncommon for children to become tired, irritable and possibly disruptive. In these instances the child and parent will be allowed to leave the tour. Strollers and backpack carriers are not permitted on the tour. For very young children (birth to one year) soft slings or pouches with the child on the front of an adult are recommended. Parents are responsible for ensuring that their children do not touch or damage any artifacts.
Guided Tour Rules
Please be respectful of this historic treasure by observing the following:
- We rolled out the red carpet just for you! Please use this carpet as your stepping guide while in the house.
- Silence is golden—please quiet all electronic devices.
- Quench your thirst—only closed water bottles permitted in the house.
- Park your stroller at the door—tight quarters and strollers don’t mix.
- Leave your large bags and backpacks behind.
- Assistance pets only inside the house. Leashed pets are permitted on the grounds. Please clean up after them. Please do not leave pets in vehicles or unattended.
- You are welcome to take still photos for personal use.
- Be aware of your surroundings and stay with your group
- For the safety and respect of other visitors, the following are not permitted: video, tripods, monopods, and selfie sticks.
- If you would like to take photos of empty rooms or to be able to sell your photos, please talk with staff about a Photography/Filming Permit.
Service Animals - Link to https://azstateparks.com/service-animals
Service animals meeting the American with Disabilities Act standards are allowed inside buildings and on Riordan Mansion tours.
Pets are welcome on the grounds on a leash, but please clean up after your pets.
There are several benches in the house to allow you to have a seat, but if standing for an hour is an issue please consider asking for one of the following items to make your tour experience more enjoyable. These are on a first come serve basis please ask at the front desk if you would like to use any of these items.
- Folding Cane Sling Seat
- Cane provides a comfortable seat to rest on when open. When the cane is folded it is used as a cane giving support. Maximum weight 250lb. - Several are available.
- Walker with seat
- The walker has a wide seat to allow one to sit whenever needed. Two walkers are available for use; one for upstairs & one for downstairs.
- Wheelchairs (maximum width 26”) can be used for the entire first floor as well as for the self-guided exterior tour. - Two are available.
- A video of the second floor is available. Visitors may do the first floor and then exit to view the video.
- Voice Amplifier
- Tour guides can wear a microphone and small speaker to allow guests to hear them better.