Q: Can I make reservations for camping at Arizona State Parks?
A: At select parks, yes. Review the detailed Reservation Page 

See Also: Reservation Policies: Terms & Conditions 
See Also: Agency Rules & Regulations 
See Also: Fee Schedule 

Q: Are there fees to enter the parks and to camp?
A: Yes, there are daily entrance fees into the parks. There are also camping fees if you wish to camp at the park. Fees at parks where camping is available vary from park to park. Every park's web pages lists its fees in the righthand column, under the facility icons. You may also check our Fee Schedule for specific park fee information.

Q: Are pets allowed in the parks?
A: Yes, pets are welcome at most Arizona State Parks, however, there are some rules that we ask you to follow. We ask that you keep your pet on a leash at all times and clean up after them. Pets are not allowed in the buildings or museums. Also, pets are not allowed at Red Rock State Park or on the trails at Tonto Natural Bridge State Park. Except for service animals, a person also can't take pets to cabana sites, on developed beaches, or to other areas that are environmentally or ecologically sensitive. If you have any specific questions about pets at Arizona State Parks, please call the park you are interested in visiting. Park phone numbers can be found on the park web pages.

Q: How do I book a Cave Tour at Kartchner Caverns State Park?
A: There are two cave tours available and the park also offers camping and hiking. Learn more about the cave tours, including fees and rules by visiting the Cave Tour Information page.

Q: Which parks have Camping Cabins?
A: Five parks offer Camping Cabins: Alamo LakeDead Horse Ranch State Park, Kartchner CavernsRoper Lake State Park, & Lyman Lake State Park.

Q: Is there an Arizona State Parks Annual Pass?
A: Yes, there are two different annual passes at Arizona State Parks. These are for day-use only and do not apply to camping fees. Learn more about the passes, including the prices and rules by visiting our Annual Pass page.

Q: Is there a discount for Military personnel?
A: Yes, active military personnel and their families receive 50% off the regular Day Use fee to Arizona State Parks. The discount does not apply to Kartchner Caverns tour tickets, tours at Riordan Mansion or camping fees at Arizona State Parks. This discount is offered to Regular Military, Reserve, National Guard, and state militia troops and their families. Please present your military identification at the park entrance to receive this discount.

Q: Does Arizona State Parks offer a senior discount, a disabled discount, or accept the Golden Eagle Pass or National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Annual Pass?
A: No, Arizona State Parks does not offer a senior discount or a disabled discount for entrance or camping at the state parks. Also, we do not accept the Golden Eagle Pass or the National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Annual Pass for waiving of entrance fees into Arizona State Parks.

Q: Are there any discounts for disabled veterans?
Arizona State Parks will issue a Disabled Veterans Annual Pass to a disabled veteran who has a service connected disability rated as 100% disabling, who is receiving compensation, and who is a current Arizona resident and is an Arizona resident. 

Q: What kinds of activities and events do the parks offer?
A: Activities vary from park to park. Some offer boating, fishing, swimming, and other recreational activities. Other parks offer a museum experience with exhibits or guided tours. Some also offer equestrian trails. Find exactly what you're looking for in Find a Park. Or explore the individual park pages to learn more about each park. For a list of upcoming events, see our Event Calendar.

Q: What kind of jobs are available with Arizona State Parks?
A: Arizona State Parks offers many positions available at the parks or in our central or regional offices. Read complete information on our Employment Information page.

Q: Is 'gold mining' or 'gold panning' allowed at Arizona State Parks?
A: No. In order to conserve and protect the resources of the parks, we do not allow mining or panning of any kind.

Q: Is using a metal detector legal in Arizona State Parks?
A: In some cases. Arizona State Parks does allow "Recreational Metal Detecting" in areas that are not ecologically, geologically or culturally sensitive. "Recreational" means that if the activity is only for recreation, or a hobby and the area is not disturbed to any great level it is acceptable. If you wish to walk along a developed beach front and dig down a few inches with a spoon in order to recover an item, it's okay. If you bring along a shovel and plan to excavate a large hole then it's not okay. Contact the staff ranger at the specific park you wish to visit and discuss the activity with a ranger to determine areas where it would be appropriate. Of course if at any time the activity crosses over into a commercial venture then it is not allowed. Arizona State Parks realizes that this activity is fun for many people, and we try to accommodate them as best we can while at the same time continue to protect and preserve our resources. Check out these great resources on metal detecting:

Q: Can I use my drone (Quadcopter/UAV) in a State Park?
A: The current rule is all recreational drone use is prohibited in State Parks. Commercial use will be evaluated with a Filming Permit for news, publicity, and promotional purposes. Film Permit rules require insurance and current FAA drone registration permit. Final decision and any fees associated with access is at the discretion of park management. Access to areas beyond park boundaries (National Forest, State Trust Lands, Game & Fish and other agencies) may require additional permission and/or permits. Please consult with appropriate agency for details. As local, state and national laws and technology continue to change, ASPT will evaluate updates to current rules.

Q: Can I remove rocks, plants, flowers or any natural items from Arizona State Parks?
A: No, Arizona State Parks & Trails (ASPT) prohibits the removal of items from any park facility. ASP's mission is to manage and conserve Arizona's natural, cultural and recreational resources for the benefit of the people. This policy is similar to National Parks and other protected natural resources. Other agencies throughout the (AZ State Land, BLM, National Forests, etc.) may provide permits for these activities. Please contact the appropriate state office for the type of land you are visiting for more information.

Q: Can I have my wedding at an Arizona State Park?
A: Yes, most parks do host wedding events. Select the park you're interested in and select "Group Planning" from the main menu and then "Weddings" or contact the park directly for more information.

Q: Is there a number to call for further information?
A: Call 877-MYPARKS (877-697-2757).

Q: How can I receive a free color brochure and packet of information?
A: There are three ways to request information.

  1. Call (602) 542-4174
  2. Mail your request to Arizona State Parks, 23751 N. 23rd Ave, Suite 190, Phoenix, Arizona 85085
    Please let us know how you found out about us!

Q: How do I purchase a Gift Card, where can I use it & what restrictions are there?
A: You can purchase Gift Cards online or by visiting one of the following park locations:

  • Central Office - 23751 N 23rd Ave.,#190, Phoenix, AZ 85085
  • Alamo Lake State Park (RP) - 35261 Cunningham Pass Road, Wenden, AZ 85357 - (928) 669-2088
  • Buckskin Mountain State Park (RP) - 5476 North US Hwy 95, Parker, AZ 85344 - (928) 667-3231
  • Catalina State Park (RP) - 11570 N. Oracle Road, Tucson, AZ 85737 - 520) 628-5798
  • Cattail Cove State Park (RP) - Lake Shore Blvd. Lake Havasu City, AZ 86405 - (928) 855-1223
  • Dead Horse Ranch State Park (RP) - 675 Dead Horse Ranch Road, Cottonwood, AZ 86326 - (928) 634-5283
  • Fool Hollow Lake Recreation Area (RP) - 1500 N. Fool Hollow Lake, Show Low, AZ 85901 (928) 537-3680
  • Fort Verde State Historic Park - 125 E. Hollamon, Camp Verde, AZ 86322 - (928) 567-3275
  • Homolovi State Park (RP) - HCR 63, Box 5, Winslow, AZ 86047 - (928) 289-4106
  • Jerome State Historic Park - 100 Douglas Road, Jerome, AZ 86331 - (928) 634-5381
  • *Kartchner Caverns State Park (RP) - 2980 S Hwy 90, Benson, AZ 85602 - (520) 586-2283
  • Lake Havasu State Park (RP) - 699 London Bridge Road, Lake Havasu, AZ 86403 - (928) 855-2784
  • Lost Dutchman State Park (RP) - 6109 N. Apache Trail, Apache Junction, AZ 85119 - (480) 982-4485
  • Lyman Lake State Park (RP) - State Hwy 81, Johns, AZ 85936 - (928) 337-4441
  • Oracle State Park - 3820 Wildlife Drive, Oracle, AZ 85623 - (520) 896-2425 (Open weekends only)
  • Patagonia Lake State Park (RP) - 400 Patagonia Lake Road, Patagonia, AZ 85624 - (520) 287-6965
  • Picacho Peak State Park (RP) - Picacho Peak Road, Eloy, AZ 85131 - (520) 466-3183
  • Red Rock State Park - 4050 Red Rock Loop Road, Sedona, AZ 86336 - (928) 282-6907
  • Roper Lake State Park (RP) - 101 E. Roper Lake Road, Safford, AZ 85546 - (928) 428-6760
  • Slide Rock State Park - 6871 N. Highway 89A, Sedona, AZ 86336 - (928) 282-3034
  • Tonto Natural Bridge State Park - NF-583, Payson, AZ 85547 - (928) 476-4202

* Kartchner Caverns - Gift Cards may only be used to pay for for gate fee, camping reservations or Cave Tours, not accepted in the Park Store or Bat Cafe.

A: Your ASPT Gift Cards can be used to purchase:

  • Day Pass admission to parks listed above
  • Tent or RV Camping at recreational parks (RP) listed above 
  • Ramada rentals for family or wedding events
  • Cabin Rentals
  • Gift Shop purchases at locations listed above
  • Cave Tours at Kartchner Caverns
  • Online Camping/RV/Cave Reservations

A. Which parks DO NOT accept Gift Cards? Due to system incompatibilities, ASPT Gift Cards cannot be purchased or used at the following parks:

  • Boyce Thompson Arboretum State Park
  • McFarland State Historic Park
  • Riordan Mansion State Historic Park
  • Tombstone Courthouse State Historic Park
  • Tubac Presidio State Historic Park
  • Yuma Quartermaster Depot State Historic Park
  • Yuma Territorial Prison State Historic Park

A. Can I use my Gift Card to pay for concessions or rental services? Unfortunately, due to contractual agreements and system incompatabilities, ASPT Gift Cards cannot be used to rent equipment or make purchases at the following locations:

  • Dead Horse Ranch - Horse Rentals
  • Fool Hollow Lake - Equipment Rentals
  • Kartchner Caverns - Bat Cafe or Gift Shop
  • Lake Havasu - Boat/Equipment rentals
  • Patagonia Lake - Boat/Equipment rentals, General Store purchases
  • Slide Rock - General Store

Q: Does my card balance expire?
A: Yes, if the card balance is not used within two (2) years from purchase date, the card will deactivate. There are no refunds available on any unused portion of your card balance.

Q: Can I add credit to my Arizona State Parks Gift Card balance?
A: Yes, additional credit may be added to an previously activated ASPT Gift Card at any of the participating park locations listed above. (within two (2) years of card purchase)

Q: Can my ASPT Gift Card be replaced if lost or stolen?
A: No, Arizona State Parks & Trails is not responsible for lost or stolen Gift Cards. Refunds are not available. Card holder accepts all responsibility for cards use.

Q: Can I get a refund for Arizona State Parks & Trails Gift Card?
A: No, all sales are final at time of purchase and must be used for approved park purchases as indicated above.

Cash refunds for the cancellation of park camping, RV space rentals or Cave Tours will be given in the form of ASPT Gift Cards. Some fees may be deducted from ASPT Gift Card.

Q: Can I purchase holiday Gift Cards and have them mailed to different addresses for me?
A: Yes, please contact our Central Park Store at 602-542-7121 to arrange for special mailing options.

Sign up for our Parks newsletter!


Outdoor Recreation Info Center
Visitors Welcome!
23751 N. 23rd Ave. #190
Phoenix, AZ 85085

 (877) MY-PARKS


Mission Statement

"Managing and conserving Arizona's natural, cultural and recreational resources for the benefit of the people, both in our Parks and through our Partners."