Volunteer In Arizona
Whether you choose to live on-site and volunteer as a Camp Host, or just want to give back to the community by volunteering directly for your local State Park, you will help to enhance and preserve our parks and trails for the benefit of everyone! We know you enjoy Arizona’s incredible natural resources and historic treasures, now you have an opportunity to help sustain them for future generations. Join us and share your love for Arizona’s great outdoors and remarkable history through the gift of volunteering.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis for individuals and groups who live in close proximity to any of our parks and would like to volunteer.
Check out the Volunteer Programs below to learn more about the exciting volunteer opportunities with Arizona State Parks and Trails. We know you’ll find just the opportunity you’re looking for.
On-site Park Volunteers
Parks Volunteer Support Team
Arizona Family Campout
Foundation & Friends Groups
Girl Scout and Boy Scout Volunteering
Visit the “PARKS” page to learn more about each of our parks and what they have to offer. When you apply, you’ll be asked to select the parks where you would prefer to volunteer. Researching our parks will assist you in making your selections.
If you have submitted a volunteer application within the last 12 months and would like to make changes, please email your updated information to email@example.com. Submitting a new application is not necessary.
Camp Hosts and On-Site Living Park Support Opportunities
Applications for on-site Camp Hosts and Park Support are now being accepted for Spring 2023. Live at the park and work in the Visitor Center, perform maintenance duties, and provide customer service to park visitors.
The following parks are currently fully staffed for On-Site Living Opportunities for the 2023 Summer Season:
* Lyman Lake
The following parks are currently fully staffed for On-Site Living Opportunities now through Spring 2024:
* Fool Hollow Lake State Park
* Red Rock State Park
SEASON: Spring/Summer 2023
# of Openings
|Southern||Catalina||Camp Host||2 Couples/singles||Maintenance, Host, Light Landscaping||May||September|
|Northern||Dead Horse Ranch||Camp Host||1 opening||Maintenance||May||September|
|Northern||Dead Horse Ranch||Camp Host||1 opening||Maintenance||May||August|
|Northern||Dead Horse Ranch||Camp Host||1 opening||Camp Host||May||August|
|Northern||Homolovi||Camp Host||2 Couples||Camp Host, Restrooms, Maintenance||May||November|
Immediate Call for Local Volunteers:
Jerome State Historic Park is seeking volunteers to fill the following positions:
* Interpretive Services - Assist park staff in communicating information relating to Jerome State Historic Park, the Douglas family, mining, geology, and the town of Jerome.
* Visitor Services - Welcome guests, assist in the Park Store with retail sales, and provide general park information.
* Maintenance Services - Maintain the park grounds in a variety of areas, such as painting, woodwork, electrical, plumbing, general housekeeping and landscape maintenance.
Catalina State Park is seeking volunteers to fill the following positions:
• Visitor Services - Welcome guests, assist in the Park Store with retail sales, and provide general park information.
• Maintenance Services - Maintain the park grounds in a variety of areas, such as painting, woodwork, electrical, plumbing, general housekeeping, and landscape maintenance. Apply above!
Patagonia Lake State Park/Sonoita Creek State Natural Area seeking local volunteers to perform independent trail maintenance at the park and natural area. Volunteers will work independently in maintaining the park's trails, trimming trees and foliage, and picking up litter.
Lost Dutchman State Park is looking for local volunteers who will perform a variety of tasks related to in-person interpretive programming. Volunteers will create engaging and interpretive programming for groups of up to 9 people. Apply above!
Lost Dutchman State Park hiring local volunteers to perform a variety of tasks related to virtual and possibly in-person interpretive programming. Duties will include conducting research on new virtual/in-person programming ideas, creating interactive social media content, and collaborating with other staff and volunteers to ensure program needs are met. Apply above!
At this time, the following parks are not accepting volunteer applications:
- Granite Mountain Hotshots Memorial State Park
- Rockin’ River Ranch State Park
- San Rafael State Natural Area
- Verde River Greenway State Natural Area
To learn more about volunteer opportunities with the following parks, please visit or contact:
- McFarland State Historic Park: (520) 868-4496 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tubac Presidio State Historic Park
- Yuma Territorial Prison State Historic Park
- Colorado River State Historic Park