Due to current fire conditions, wood or charcoal fires are prohibited. Gas stoves are allowed.
Comfortable getaway on the Verde River near Sedona
Cabin reservations at Dead Horse Ranch are available online or by calling the friendly folks at the Arizona State Parks Reservations Desk (520) 586-2283. We're available to help 7 days a week from 8am to 5pm Arizona time. There is a $5 reservation fee per reserved cabin.
Camping Cabin Loop: 8 one-room log camping cabins are available at Dead Horse Ranch State Park. The cabin circle is tucked away from the other campgrounds for an ideal getaway for a weekend — or a week.
The cabins are variably furnished with a full-size bed, a bunk bed, table and chairs, dresser-drawer, ceiling fan with overhead light, and electricity. Cabins now have heating and cooling!
Campers must supply their own linens. Each cabin also has a barbecue and picnic table outside, plus a small individual fire ring. Family-style shower facilities are only a short walk from all of the cabins. There is an electrified ramada with barbecues that can be shared by cabin guests.
Reservation Policy and Fees:
- Cabin Fee: $60 per night. $5 reservation fee.
- 14 nights maximum stay length in any 30-day period.
- Reservations may be made up to 365 days in advance.
- Two nights minimum stay on weekends.
- Pets must be declared upon reservation. Pets are only allowed at cabins 3 through 8. There is a pet charge of $5.00 per pet, per night.
- Smoking and cooking are prohibited in cabins. Fires are limited to barbecue grilles and the community fire pit.
- Furniture must remain inside cabin.
- Cabin guest must ensure that the cabin is left clean and undamaged. Cleaning and damage fees will be billed to the credit card on file and damage fees will be assessed to cover the total cost of repairs.
- Vehicles: Each vehicle must display a permit on the rear view mirror of their vehicle indicating payment of fees. Maximum two vehicles per cabin. RVs longer than 24 feet are not permitted in the Mesquite area and will be assessed the standard camping fee.
- Cabin Occupancy: The rental party must comprise at least 1 person 18 years of age or older. Occupancy is a maximum of four adults not to exceed six persons total, including children.
- Bedding consists of one bunk bed and one full-sized bed.
- Tents: There is a tent fee of $20.00 per night. The tent must be declared upon reservation. The tent must be placed within 10 feet of the cabin.
- Check-in time is 3 p.m. Check out time is 10 a.m.
- All other policies governing Arizona State Parks shall apply.
For cancellation policy see Reservation Terms & Conditions