Dump station and potable water filling is for use by registered campers only (No OHV use of dump station or filling fresh water tanks). Stage I Fire Restrictions are in effect.
Wifi is experiencing intermittent service and may or may not be available at times.
What a great place to cool off and check out the gorgeous sights along this stretch of the Colorado River! Buckskin Mountain State Park has a designated swimming area located near the day use section of the park. Swimming is a great way to enjoy yet another aspect of the park, and during the summer months a quick dip may all you need to refresh and ready yourself for more adventure. Safety is always our biggest concern, so before you head into the water, here are some tips to help keep you safe:
• Comfortable footwear is recommended to wear during your swimming experience because some rocky areas are located within the designated swimming area.
• If sun bathing on shore, we recommend a light mat to place under your towel for added comfort.
• Do not swim near boat ramps or docks.
• The lake's temperature can vary from temperate in the shallows to near-freezing in open water. if you're concerned about temperature drops in the water, be sure and bring an insulated swimming outfit, like a thermal swimming suit.
• In all situations, swimmers should exercise caution. There is no lifeguard on duty, so swimming is at your own risk.