Facilities available at Buckskin Mountain State Park.
The Buckskin Mountain Visitor Center includes exhibits, video library, book exchange and information on the surrounding area. From January through March the park offers interpretive programs and Ranger led hikes at the Visitor Center. Additional fees may apply, please check with the park staff.
Hours: January through March: 9 am – 4:30 pm April through December: Upon request.
There are 3 restroom and shower buildings located at the park. One is handicap accessible.
The Park has a small gift shop with plans to expand soon.
Restaurant & Market
The Buckskin Market is located in park and includes a Restaurant, an arcade, and a market. The market sells firewood, ice, food, and gasoline. Buckskin Market is operated by a consessionaire. Buckskin Market is closed in the winter.
Exhibits relating to the flora and fauna are located in the Contact Station and Visitor Center.\
The park has a dump station for use by paid overnight campers. Non campers wishing to use the dump station must pay $15.00.
All 3 restrooms at the park have hot showers available to registered campers.
The day use area is located northwest of the Contact Station. It is a grass area with shade trees and overlooks the Colorado River. The area has picnic tables and 2 large BBQ grills. There is parking available for 28 vehicles, 12 of the sites will accommodate vehicles towing small boat trailers. Day Use Fees are $10.00 per vehicle with up to 4 adults. Day Use hours are 8 am – 10 pm.
Mammals that may be seen at the park include: bobcats, ringtail cats, coyote, and gray fox.
Snakes include: Coachwhip (Red Racer), and King Snakes.
Lizards include: desert iguana, and the collared lizard.
Birds include: red-tailed hawk, vermillion flycatcher, great horned owl, burrowing owls, turkey vultures, and egrets.
- Fees are due upon park entry. If office is closed, you must use Self-Pay Station.
- All vehicles must park on pavement at campsites. Do not park at market parking.
- No driving or parking on grass or dirt.
- Do not wash vehicles, boats or RV’s.
- Camp only in designated campsites.
- Stay limit is 14 nights. May be extended with approval of Park Manager.
- All pets must be leashed and attended to at all times. Leashes not to exceed 6 feet in length.
- Pets allowed on the north beach only.
- Quiet hours are from 10 pm to 7 am. Please prevent loud nuisance noises at all times.
- All fires must be contained in grills or portable fireplaces. Please no ground fires.
- Swimming is allowed along all shoreline. The designated swim area is located at the Day Use area. Swimming is at your on risk. No Lifeguard on Duty. No swimming at Boat Ramps or around Docks.
- Obey all boating regulations.
- Obey all hunting and fishing laws.
- Littering is unlawful.