Power is out at the park. Estimated repair by Monday, August 15.
Stage 2 fire restrictions in effect - no wood or charcoal fires. No smoking except in an enclosed vehicle. Propane grills are allowed.
Cholla campgrounds C, D and E as well as the Cholla launch ramp will be closed until September 1 for maintenance and repairs to the campgrounds and shower building.
Nearest fuel and propane is in Salome; campers are encouraged to bring own fuel.
Visitors are invited to swim in Alamo Lake, but safety is always our biggest concern. So before you head into the water, here are some tips to help keep you safe:
• Alamo Lake is surrounded by beautiful desert terrain and the shore is made of desert shale. That's why we recommend comfortable foot cover and a light mat to put under your towel.
• The lake does not have a designated swimming area, so make sure you swim close to shore and in full view of others.
• Do not swim near boat ramps, docks, or near the dam!
• The lake's temperature can vary from temperate in the shallows to near-freezing in open water. if you're concerned about temperature drops in the water, be sure and bring an insulated swimming outfit, like a thermal swimming suit.
• In all situations, swimmers should exercise caution. There is no lifeguard on duty so swimming is at your own risk.