Due to construction, Day Use overflow parking at Upper Cattail will not be available this summer.
Thank you for chosing to learn more about this amazing western Arizona destination! Lake Havasu is fortunate to have TWO state parks along the desert lined shores! Cattail Cove operates at a slower pace than the larger park to the north, but beautiful views ans plenty of opportunity for adventure ensure visitors leave armed with forever memories. This park is participating in a pilot program called Long Term Camping.
Facilities Available at Cattail Cove State Park
Visitor Center/Park Store
The Cattail Cove Ranger Station is open from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. and includes a small gift shop. The gift shop has books on hiking, birds, plants, trees and other interesting subjects. We have a children’s section with books and t-shirts. We also carry Cattail Cove t-shirts, polos and baseball caps.
Campgrounds and RV Sites
A variety of camping options are found within this beautiful lakeside park. 61 camping and RV sites are equipped with electric and water hook ups, and come complete with a fire ring, picnic table, and BBQ grill. These sites are located within close proximity to clean restrooms and showers. Primitive boat-in sites are also available and come with picnic tables and stand-up BBQ grills, and access to primitive restrooms.
Traveling through the Parker, AZ area? Check out these other state park RV campground options.
Enjoy a picnic in a ramada on a beautiful, sandy beachfront. North of the main campground section of the park there are several ramadas along the shoreline that provide a great spot to stop and relax in the shade.
Two accessible restroom buildings are located in the campgrounds. One is located between the two main campgrounds, and the other can be found between the second campground anf the boat launch. Within these buildings there are also clean showers for use by park visitors. Dispersed at several locations north of the main campgroungs, primative tooilets can be found near the lakeshore for the convienience of boaters.
Dump Station is available for a $15.00 per vehicle fee.
Activities and Experiences
On The Water
Non-motorized watercraft may launch at the boat ramp.
Watercraft and RV Rentals
Businesses that rent watercraft or RVs must obtain a Commercial Annual Pass before bringing rental watercrafts or RVs into the park. To purchase a Commercial Annual Pass, rental companies can contact the park directly by phone at (928) 855-1223.
Birds include loons, ducks, Gambel's quail, hummingbirds and vultures. You may also see rabbits, coyotes, bighorn sheep, raccoons, bobcat and snakes. For a list of recently spotted birds at Cattail Cove, check here.
- Campsite reservations for the park can be made online 24/7 or during business hours contact the Reservation Call Center at 1-877-MY PARKS (697-2757).
- Quiet hours are strictly enforced from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. No music from 10 p.m. until 8 a.m. No loud music allowed at any time.
- Campsite limit: six adults and six children per site.
- Limit of two (2) vehicles allowed per campsite. If second vehicle is not registered to you, it must pay the required fees.
- Pets are not allowed on developed beaches. Keep your pet on a six-foot leash and attended to at all time.
- Please pick up after your pet. Pet run and doggie beach are available.
- Do not hang rope, wire, or cords, etc. to any trees.
- All fires must be contained in provided fire rings.
- Checkout time is noon. Check-in time is 2 p.m.
- Vehicles arriving prior to 6 a.m. (Arizona time) must pay for the previous night.
- Drive only on designated roads.
- Swim only in designated areas.
- Glass containers are not allowed on the beaches.
- Possessing or igniting fireworks is illegal in Arizona State Parks.
- The use of firearms and weapons is prohibited.
- Littering is unlawful.
- Visitors who rent watercraft from a non-park watercraft provider can contact the park staff to confirm the rental company has a Commercial Annual Pass.