Due to construction, Day Use overflow parking at Upper Cattail will not be available this summer.
Facilities available at Cattail Cove State Park. This park is participating in a pilot program called Long Term Camping; read details below.
The Cattail Cove Ranger Station is open from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. and includes a small gift shop.
Two accessible restrooms buildings are located in the campgrounds.
Located in the Ranger Station, the gift shop's hours are 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. The gift shop has books on hiking, birds, plants, trees and other interesting subjects. We have a children’s section with books and t-shirts. We also carry Cattail Cove t-shirts, polos and baseball caps.
Dump Station is available for a $15.00 per vehicle fee.
Showers are available year-round in the two restrooms buildings.
Enjoy a picnic in a ramada on a beautiful, sandy beachfront.
Non-motorized watercraft may launch at the boat ramp.
Birds include loons, ducks, Gambel's quail, hummingbirds and vultures. You may also see rabbits, coyotes, bighorn sheep, raccoons, bobcat and snakes. For a list of recently spotted birds at Cattail Cove, check here.
- Campsite reservations for the park can be made online 24/7 or during business hours contact the Reservation Call Center at 1-877-MY PARKS (697-2757).
- Quiet hours are strictly enforced from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. No music from 10 p.m. until 8 a.m. No loud music allowed at any time.
- Campsite limit: six adults and six children per site.
- Limit of two vehicles allowed per campsite. If second vehicle is not registered to you, it must pay the required fees.
- Pets are not allowed on developed beaches. Keep your pet on a six-foot leash and attended to at all time.
- Please pick up after your pet. Pet run and doggie beach are available.
- Do not hang rope, wire, or cords, etc. to any trees.
- All fires must be contained in provided fire rings.
- Checkout time is noon. Check-in time is 2 p.m.
- Vehicles arriving prior to 6 a.m. (Arizona time) must pay for the previous night.
- Drive only on designated roads.
- Swim only in designated areas.
- Glass containers are not allowed on the beaches.
- Possessing or igniting fireworks is illegal in Arizona State Parks.
- The use of firearms and weapons is prohibited.
- Littering is unlawful.