Parking may be limited.
Slide Rock State Park is a very popular recreation site that attracts many visitors throughout the year. Due to limited parking and a need to protect the precious resources, we ask the following of our visitors:
- We ask that every visitor carpool when possible and keep traffic moving on the roadway for safety and to comply with Title 28 A.R.S. 28-873.
- To find public parking at Uptown, visit https://walksedona.com
- Slide Rock State Park will be re-vegetating along the banks. There is no foot access on these banks down to Slide Rock State Park. These banks will be marked with multiple signs prohibiting access for re-growth purposes. The park can be accessed at the entry station and bridge using Master Card or Visa.
- For safety for all visitors, coolers will be checked for glass bottles, which are prohibited at the park.
- No amplified music is allowed so make sure you bring your ear buds!
Please protect this special park by observing the following rules:
- No pets or glass containers in the swim area.
- Pets are not to be left in a vehicle.
- Pets must be kept on a leash and attended to at all times.
- Charcoal fires are permitted in designated grills only. No wood fires allowed in grills. Propane grills and stoves are allowed. No grilling is allowed in the swim area.
- Smoking allowed in the parking lot only.
- Littering is unlawful.
- Damaging or removing rocks, vegetation, or public property is prohibited.
- This area contains many natural hazards. Please enjoy with caution.
- Rocks and creek beds are slippery when wet or icy.
Thank you in advance for helping us to continue our efforts in providing a wonderful outdoor experience. We have more news to come in the coming months ahead! Stay tuned for the most recent updates!
Enjoy Slide Rock State Park!
Facilities available at Slide Rock State Park
The Slide Rock Market is open year-round with seasonal hours of operation. The market offers: snacks, water, film, sunscreen and Slide Rock memorabilia.
November through March: Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
April through October: Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., Mondays - Fridays 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Gazebo-style kiosk with eight poster boards displaying general Pendley Homestead information and park information. Historic farm implements are displayed along the Pendley Homestead Trail.
Group: Day Use Areas
There are two covered ramadas with electrical outlets and picnic bench seating. Each ramada will hold approximately 50 people. Ramadas may be reserved for $75 a piece; plus a $5 non-refundable reservation fee. Contact the park for further information or to make reservations for the designated months. Charcoal fires are permitted in designated grills only. No wood fires allowed in grills. Propane grills and stoves are allowed. Smoking allowed in vehicles only.
NOTE: Slide Rock does not take ramada reservations between the Friday before Memorial Day and Labor Day Monday.
Fifteen open-air picnic areas suitable for small groups are available near the entry station and parking lot on a first-come, first-served basis. Charcoal fires are permitted in designated grills only. No wood fires allowed in grills. Propane grills and stoves are allowed. Smoking allowed in vehicles only.
Two modern, ADA accessible restroom buildings with sinks and a drinking fountain are located above the creek with flush toilets. A flush-free, waterless vault toilet is available near the creek. The vault toilet is not ADA accessible.