Due to low lake water levels, the east boat ramp is closed to boat all trailers. The west side boat ramp is open for small boat trailers only .
Visitors are invited to swim in Fool Hollow Lake, but safety is always our biggest concern. So before you head into the water, here are some tips to help keep you safe:
• Fool Hollow Lake is surrounded by the tree-lined beauty of rim country, so the shoreline may be rocky. That's why we recommend a light mat to put under your towel for when you come out of the water.
• We also recommend that swimmers wear water shoes to protect their feet from hazards in and out of the water.
• The lake does not have a designated swimming area, so make sure you swim close to your boat or the shore and in full view of others. If you swim in open water, please be cautious of motorized watercraft.
• Do not swim near boat ramps, docks, or near the dam.
• The lake's temperature can vary from temperate in the shallows to near-freezing in open water. if you're concerned about temperature drops in the water, be sure and bring an insulated swimming outfit, like a thermal swimming suit.
• In all situations, swimmers should exercise caution. There is no lifeguard on duty, so swimming is at your own risk.