This State Park is currently under Stage I Fire Restrictions. Please refer to our Fire Safety page for more information before your trip.
River Island is one mile north of Buckskin Mountain State Park.
Camping & RV Sites
Site reservations are available online or by calling the Reservation Center at (877) MY PARKS. You can call seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. MST.
River Island offers 37 total campsites. Eight beachfront campsites on the grass overlooking Colorado River with 20-amp service and water. These sites are good for tents and small campers up to 24 feet. The other 29 sites are ideal for RV camping (up to 65 feet deep) with 50, 30, and 20-amp service, all with water. Ten are back-in sites and 19 are pull-throughs. Tents are also allowed in these sites
Note: From April 1 through Sept. 30, there is a two-night minimum stay for weekend camping: you must reserve both Friday & Saturday night. For Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend, there is a three-night minimum stay for holiday weekend camping: you must reserve Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.
There is a per night fee for second vehicles. The fee will be paid upon arrival at the park. The fee does not apply to vehicles towed behind a primary vehicle when the primary vehicle remains at the site and the towed vehicle is used for transportation.
For cancellation policy see Reservation Policies: Terms & Conditions
Group: Camping Sites
Group reservations can be made up to one year in advance. To make group reservations call the park directly.
20’ X 20’ shade ramada. Minimum 12 people, maximum 65 people. Fifteen car and three boat-length parking spaces. One 20-amp outlet, lights, water, fire ring. Located across from Ranger Station at SW side of the park. Reservations available. Handicap accessible.
Dump station located at SW side of the park across from Ranger Station. No charge to registered campers. Fee required to unregistered vehicles.
The park has two restroom/shower buildings located at the NE and SW sides of the park. Both are handicap accessible.
One 20’ X 20’ ramada with lights, 20-amp outlet, water.
Group: Day Use Areas
20’ X 20’ shade ramada. Minimum 12 people, maximum 65 people. Fifteen car and three boat-length parking spaces. Reservations available. Located across from Ranger Station at SW side of the park. Handicap accessible.
- Fees are due upon park entry. If the office is closed, please use the self-pay station.
- All campers must park on pavement at campsites.
- Day Use parking until 10 p.m. only.
- No driving or parking on grass or dirt.
- Do not wash vehicles, boats or RVs.
- Camp only in designated campsites.
- Stay limit is 14 nights. May be extended with the approval of Park Manager.
- All pets must be leashed and attended to at all times. Leashes not to exceed six feet in length.
- Pets allowed on the beach east of boat ramp.
- Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. Please prevent loud nuisance noises at
- All fires must be contained in grills or portable fireplaces. Please, no ground fires.
- Swimming is allowed along the shoreline. No swimming at the boat ramp. Swimming is at your on risk. No Lifeguard on duty.
- Obey all boating regulations.
- Obey all hunting and fishing laws.
- Littering is unlawful.