A fish consumption advisory has been issued recommending that walleye caught at Lyman Lake not be consumed due to tissue data indicating elevated levels of mercury. You can find more information on our Fishing page for Lyman Lake State Park.
Lyman Lake has a designated swimming area between the park store and the petroglyph trail. Safety is always our biggest concern, so before you head into the water, here are some tips to help keep you safe:
• Lyman Lake has a designated swimming area, but the shore may be rocky. That's why we recommend comfortable foot cover and a light mat to put under your towel.
• There is no boating or fishing allowed in the designated swimming area.
• There is no swimming outside of the designated swimming area.
• The lake's temperature can vary from temperate in the shallows to near-freezing in open water. if you're concerned about temperature drops in the water, be sure and bring an insulated swimming outfit, like a thermal swimming suit.
• In all situations, swimmers should exercise caution. There is no lifeguard on duty, so swimming is at your own risk.