Camp in Comfort and Try Glamping at an Arizona State Park
September 21, 2022
PHOENIX — If you’re looking for a way to enjoy the outdoors longer and extend your adventure, but you aren’t quite up to roughing it, try glamping in an outdoor camping cabin with Arizona State Parks!
Glamping is the perfect solution for outdoor enthusiasts who don’t want to cut their trip short but aren’t up for a tent or an RV. A mix of glamor and camping, glamping in Arizona is the way to enjoy an overnight stay in nature with a side of luxury. Upgrade your camping experience with real bedding (maybe even a throw pillow or two), an actual mattress, a sink in an actual bathroom, and a hot shower. Check out these great glamping options.
- Lost Dutchman State Park: With amazing views right at the base of the Superstition Mountains, these recent additions to the park provide an amazing way to enjoy sunrises and sunsets from a temperature-controlled cabin.
- Lake Havasu State Park: There’s nothing better than sipping your coffee on the porch overlooking the water, with a stunning white sand beach just a few feet away. These cabins are a great way to live the river life in luxury.
- Kartchner Caverns State Park: Whether you’re at the park for the underground caves or the above-ground trails, you can relax at the end of the day in a cozy cabin, even equipped with a microwave and mini-fridge to enhance your glamping experience.
- Lyman Lake State Park: There are two great styles of cabin to choose from at this eastern Arizona park, but both set you up for lakeside days and cozy, star-filled nights. The cabins are near the lake, with clean restrooms just a short walk away.
- Patagonia Lake State Park: There’s no better place to catch the sunset than a cabin porch perched above the lake with stunning views. Pamper yourself in southern Arizona with a long weekend at the park, enjoying prime real estate and a great vantage point.
Once your glamping setup is in place, you'll be eager to explore the beautiful outdoor settings that surround you. Arizona's vast network of trails may call you to hike into the mountains or warm up those muscles on a mountain bike. Perhaps you'd like to try a new experience by taking the path less traveled in an off-highway vehicle or see the view between ears on horseback.
Your glampsite will provide a great night of sleep so you have energy to make the most of your vacation, and 24-hour, convenient access to Arizona's nature and unforgettable experiences right outside your door.
Managing and conserving Arizona's natural, cultural and recreational resources for the benefit of the people, both in our parks and through our partners.
For information about Arizona State Parks and the many recreational, historical and cultural programs, call 1-877-MY-PARKS or visit AZStateParks.com.