Arizona State Committee on Trails
Seeking New Committee Members for ASCOT
Arizona State Parks and Trails Board appoints the 15 member, volunteer Arizona State Committee on Trails (ASCOT).
- ASCOT advises the State Parks Board and staff on the planning, development, funding, maintenance, and promotion of non-motorized recreation in Arizona.
- Advises on grants made with Federal Recreational Trails Program.
- ASCOT created and oversees the Arizona Premier Trails System. Members work with land managers and help select the top 100 premier trails in Arizona.
- ASCOT members represent a variety of non-motorized recreation interests and geographical regions within Arizona. Each individual is appointed to a three-year term.
- ASCOT members are expected to be active participants and commit time between quarterly meetings to help accomplish goals.
Arizona State Parks and Trails is looking for candidates to join the team. Contact Mickey Rogers at 602-542-6942 to discuss how you can become involved with ASCOT. We are currently accepting applications for new ASCOT members.
Application for consideration is located here.
State Recreational Trails Advisory Committee (SRTAC) Presentation.
ASCOT serves in an advisory capacity to the Arizona State Parks Board. The overall mission of the State Trails Program is to promote, develop, and preserve non-motorized trail opportunities throughout the state for mountain bikers, hikers, equestrians, and water trail users. State Parks staff works with ASCOT to:
- advance and promote non-motorized trail use,
- provide technical trails assistance,
- promote trail management and development,
- provide trails-related information and educational opportunities.
† = Joint Meeting with and OHVAG.
Kevin Adams (Chair) - Red Rock Trail Fund
Hezekiah Allen - Town of Florence
Mare Czinar - Representative-at-Large
Cynthia Nemeth - Coconino County
Tammy Pike - Bureau of Land Management
Bob Stinson - Town of Marana
Mary Van Rooy - Representative-at-Large
James Terlep - Pima Trails Association
Shannon Adams - City of Show Low
Linda Slay - Arizona Horse Council
Paul King - Town of Florence
Bev Showalter - County Line Riders of Catalina, Inc.
Advisory Committee Coordinator: Mickey Rogers (602) 542-6942