This historic house museum is devoted to the history of the Jerome area, mining, and the Douglas family. The museum features exhibits with historic photographs, artifacts, and minerals in addition to a video presentation and a 3-D model of the town with its underground mines. The Douglas library and upstairs bathroom are furnished as period rooms. An outside exhibit area surrounding the mansion includes mining equipment and interpretive panels. The adjacent “Carriage house” contains a buggy owned by the Douglas’s and “Smokey Joe” a 1929 Ford Model A truck from Jerome.