Facilities available at Fort Verde State Historic Park.
The park will close at 2 p.m. on Thanksgiving. Regular hours resume on Friday. The park will close at 2 p.m. on Christmas Eve and will be closed December 25th (Christmas Day). Regular hours resume on December 26th.
The Visitor Center is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed Christmas day. The Visitor Center includes a bookstore and gift shop, displays, photographs and videos on Indian Scouts. Parking is available for buses and RVs. Living history programs can be provided for your group by calling in advance. School and tour groups are welcome. All facilities are handicap accessible.
Museum & Exhibits
The former Military Headquarters building is now the main museum with artifacts, photos, videos, and interpretive exhibits and artifacts focused on the Indian Wars history and lives of those who lived and served at Fort Verde, including soldiers, Indian Scouts, settlers, doctors, and Native Americans.
Three historic house museums remain on Officer's row: Commanding Officer’s Quarters, Bachelors' Quarters and the Doctor’s & Surgeons Quarters, all furnished in the 1880s period.
The park gift shop is well stocked with books, historical items, and modern goods.
Eight picnic tables are provided on a grassy area of the park. A large ramada is just to the west of the park. A walkway is provided to all buildings and around the parade field.
Fort Verde Park Rules
- Deposit litter and garbage only in the proper containers. Please “pack it in, pack it out” along walkways and around buildings.
- Use glass and breakable containers only in designated areas and dispose of properly.
- Leave park facilities, structures, signs, artifacts, archeological sites, and other natural resources intact and untouched.
- No camping is allowed at this park.
- Keep motorized vehicles only on improved roadways and proper parking areas. Obey all posted speed limits and traffic signs.
- Commercial use, large public gatherings, and other such events require a special use permit.
- Fireworks displays are not permitted.
- No skateboards or bicycles allowed on porches and walkways.
- Confine fires to designated areas. Fires may be restricted at certain times of the year.
- Keep all pets on a leash, and out of buildings and other designated areas.