The Department of Forestry and Fire Management has up to date information on their website, as well as a mobile app to track wildfires near you. Get updates, notifications, and learn about planned prescribed burns. The free mobile application can be found for iOS users on iTunes and Google Play for Android users by searching Arizona Department of Forestry and Fire Management. Download it for iOS or Android.
1. Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, or wood stove other than in a developed campsite or picnic area is prohibited. Exemptions include persons using a device solely fueled by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels that can be turned on and off.
2. Smoking is prohibited unless: it is within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site/improved site, or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
3. The discharging or using of any kind of fireworks and incendiary devices is prohibited.
4. Welding or operating acetylene or other torch device with an open flame is prohibited.
1. Any federal, state, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
2. All land within a city boundary is exempt unless otherwise stated in city ordinance.
Parks Currently Under Stage I Fire Restrictions
Please click below to learn about fire restrictions within Arizona's national parks.
Please click below to learn about fire restrictions within Arizona's BLM land.