Arizona State Parks and Trails follow U.S. Forest Service and Arizona State Fire and Forestry fire restrictions. However, additional restrictions may apply in state park campgrounds.
Arizona State Parks & Trails Fire Policy During Any National Or State Fire Restrictions
The below park restrictions are enforced during Stage I & II bans at Arizona state park campgrounds:
No fires, campfires, charcoal, coal, and wood stoves. (except using a device that is solely fueled by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels that can be turned on and off in areas that are barren or cleared of all overhead and surrounding flammable materials within three feet of the device.) Propane fire pits and fire bowls are allowed.
- No smoking (except within an enclosed vehicle or building).
- No using an explosive.
- No possessing, discharging, or using any type of firework by pyrotechnic device. Fireworks are always prohibited.
- No operating a chainsaw or any other equipment powered by an internal combustion engine from the hours of 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. (except generators with an approved spark arresting device within an enclosed vehicle or building or in an area that is barren or cleared of all overhead and surrounding flammable materials within three feet of the generator).
- No welding or operating an acetylene or other torch with open flame.
- No operating or using any internal or external combustion engine without a spark arresting device properly installed, maintained, and in effective working order (this does not include motor vehicles. This is aimed at things such as landscaping tools).
- No discharging firearms, air rifles, or gas guns (except while engaged in a lawful hunt pursuant to state, federal or tribal laws and regulations).
- No possessing or using a motor vehicle off state lands or roads. Vehicles must stay on roads and cannot drive/park over any vegetation at any time.
Fire Safety PSA
Parks Currently Under Fire Restrictions
Lost Dutchman State Park
Fire restrictions are now in effect. Wood, charcoal, and propane fires are prohibited. Gas and propane stoves are allowed for cooking meals only. Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is prohibited in the park and on trails. Smoking is allowed inside an enclosed vehicle/camper only. Please contact the park at (480) 982-4485 for more information.