Are there fees to enter the parks and to camp?

 Yes, there are daily entrance fees into the parks. There are also camping fees if you wish to camp at the park. Fees at parks where camping is available vary from park to park. Every park's web pages lists its fees in the righthand column, under the facility icons. You may also check our Fee Schedule for specific park fee information.

Are pets allowed in the parks?

Yes, pets are welcome at most Arizona State Parks; however, there are some rules that we ask you to follow. We ask that you keep your pet on a leash at all times and clean up after them. Pets are not allowed in buildings or museums. Also, pets are not allowed at Red Rock State Park or on the trails at Tonto Natural Bridge State Park. Except for service animals, a person also can't take pets on developed beaches or to other areas that are environmentally or ecologically sensitive. There is also a limit of two pets per camping cabin. Please read our service animal policy for further information. If you have any specific questions about pets at Arizona State Parks, please call the park you are interested in visiting. Park phone numbers can be found on the park web pages.

How do I book a cave tour at Kartchner Caverns State Park?

There are two cave tours available and the park also offers camping and hiking. Learn more about the cave tours, including fees and rules by visiting the Cave Tour Information page.

Is there an Arizona State Parks Annual Pass?

Yes, there are two different annual passes at Arizona State Parks. These are for day-use only and do not apply to camping fees. Learn more about the passes, including the prices and rules by visiting our Annual Pass page.

How do I purchase a Gift Card, where can I use it and what restrictions are there?

 You can purchase Gift Cards online or at the central office info center.
•    Central Office - 1110 W. Washington St., Suite 100, Phoenix, AZ 85007

Your ASPT gift cards can be used to purchase:
•    Day pass admission to parks listed above
•    Tent or RV camping at recreational parks listed above 
•    Ramada rentals for family or wedding events
•    Cabin rentals
•    Gift shop purchases at locations listed above
•    Cave tours at Kartchner Caverns
•    Online Camping/RV/Cave Reservations

Additional Gift Card information can be found HERE.

Which parks DO NOT accept gift cards?

Due to system incompatibilities, ASPT Gift Cards cannot be purchased or used at the following parks:
•    McFarland State Historic Park
•    Tubac Presidio State Historic Park
•    Colorado River State Historic Park
•    Yuma Territorial Prison State Historic Park

Can I use my gift card to pay for concessions or rental services?

Unfortunately, due to contractual agreements and system incompatibilities, ASPT gift cards cannot be used to rent equipment or make purchases at the following locations:
•    Dead Horse Ranch - Horse Rentals
•    Fool Hollow Lake - Equipment Rentals
•    Kartchner Caverns - Bat Cafe or Gift Shop
•    Lake Havasu - Boat/Equipment rentals
•    Patagonia Lake - Boat/Equipment rentals, General Store purchases
•    Slide Rock - General Store

Can I add credit to my Arizona State Parks Gift Card balance?

 Unfortunately, we do not allow additional funds to existing gift cards. New cards can be purchased at any time.

Can my ASPT gift card be replaced if lost or stolen?

No, Arizona State Parks & Trails is not responsible for lost or stolen Gift Cards. Refunds are not available. The cardholder accepts all responsibility for card use.

Can I purchase holiday gift cards and have them mailed to different addresses for me?

Yes, please contact our Central Park Store at 602-542-4174 to arrange for special mailing options.

Is there a discount for Military personnel?

Yes, to support our active military members and Veterans, we offer the following discounted day-use access to our parks. 

Veterans Discount Program:

Arizona State Parks thanks the brave individuals who have proudly served our country.

To support our active military members and Veterans, we offer the following discounted Day Use access to our parks. Discounts apply to qualified Military Day-Use Pass holder and up to three accompanied adults.

Active Military, Guard and Reserve Military – 50% off Day Use entrance. Please show your Military ID at the gate, no pass is required.

Arizona Resident Retired Military Veterans – 50% off Day-Use Pass. Please bring proof of service (for example a military ID or DD214) along with your AZ license to a park visitor center.

Disabled Military – 50% off Day-Use Pass to all disabled military. Please bring your VA-Certified proof of service-connected disability along with your license.

100% Military Disabled Veterans – 100% Free Day Use Pass. Please bring your VA-Certified proof of 100% service-connected disability along with your AZ license to a park visitor center to receive your pass.

Designated Pass holder must accompany guests to receive discount. Discount is good for day entry to parks only. Discounts not applicable for tours including Kartchner Caverns State Park cave tour tickets or Riordan Mansion State Historic Park tours, special use fees, special program fees, special events fees, special event admission fees, any reservation fees, camping fees or overnight parking fees. Pass is non-transferable and photo ID is required for entrance.

Thank you for your service!

Does Arizona State Parks offer a senior discount, a disabled discount, or accept the Golden Eagle Pass or National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Annual Pass?

No, Arizona State Parks does not offer a senior discount or a disabled discount for entrance or camping at the state parks. Also, we do not accept the Golden Eagle Pass or the National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Annual Pass for waiving entrance fees into Arizona State Parks.

Are there any discounts for disabled veterans?

Arizona State Parks will issue a 100 percent free day-use pass. Please bring your VA-Certified proof of 100 percent service-connected disability along with your AZ license to a park visitor center to receive your pass.

What kinds of activities and events do the parks offer?

Activities vary from park to park. Some offer boating, fishing, swimming, and other recreational activities. Other parks offer a museum experience with exhibits or guided tours. Some also offer equestrian trails. Find exactly what you're looking for in Find a Park. Or explore the individual park pages to learn more about each park. For a list of upcoming events, see our Event Calendar.

What kind of jobs are available with Arizona State Parks?

Arizona State Parks offers many positions available at the parks or in our central or regional offices. Read complete information on our Employment Information page.

Is 'gold mining' or 'gold panning' allowed at Arizona State Parks?

 No. In order to conserve and protect the resources of the parks, we do not allow mining or panning of any kind.

Is using a metal detector legal in Arizona State Parks?

No. In order to conserve and protect the resources of the parks, we do not allow metal detecting.

Can I use my drone/plane (Quadcopter/UAV) in a state park?

The current rule is all recreational drone use is prohibited in state parks. Commercial use will be evaluated with a Filming Permit for news, publicity, and promotional purposes. Film Permit rules require insurance and a current FAA drone registration permit. The final decision and any fees associated with access is at the discretion of park management. Access to areas beyond park boundaries (National Forest, State Trust Lands, Game & Fish, and other agencies) may require additional permission and/or permits. Please consult with the appropriate agency for details. As local, state and national laws and technology continue to change, ASPT will evaluate updates to current rules.

Can I use my electric bike in a state park?

Electrically assisted mountain bikes are considered motorized and are only allowed only on state park roadways and designated motorized trails. Electric-assist mountain bikes (eMTBs) have evolved significantly over the past few years and uses of these bikes have increased tremendously.  These bikes generally can travel faster than a traditional mountain bike and have caused some user conflicts on many trails.

Can I use my go-kart at state parks?

Ranging from 24V electric engines to 170cc gas motors go-karts come in a wide range of styles, speeds, and weights.  Smaller electric toy type models can be 55lbs and only reaching speeds of 12mph while larger gas-powered go-karts can reach an upwards of 660lbs and travel at 37mph. Due to the wide range of go-kart capabilities, Arizona State Parks and Trails only allow street legal go-karts to be operated in parks and they must adhere to a vehicular traffic sign, laws and regulations. 

Can I use my RC car/RC boat at a state park?

Ranging from AA battery-operated to, in some cases 30cc gas engines, RC cars/boats offer various opportunities for hobbyists. Small battery-operated cars, trucks, boats, and motorcycles around three pounds easily maneuvered by operators 5 years and older at slow speeds. Larger 1/5 scale models can reach an upwards of 30lbs and reach speeds of 60mph. With such drastic differences in operation and capabilities, the following rules apply for RC car operation within Arizona State Parks and Trails to ensure safety for all park guests.  
1)    No gas-powered RC cars/boats are permitted within any Arizona State Parks.
2)    Toy electric RC cars that travel less than 5mph may be utilized in campgrounds ONLY.
3)    Toy electric RC boats that travel less than 5mph may be utilized in designated areas ONLY.

Can I remove rocks, plants, flowers or any natural items from Arizona State Parks and Trails?

No, Arizona State Parks & Trails (ASPT) prohibits the removal of items from any park facility. ASP's mission is to manage and conserve Arizona's natural, cultural and recreational resources for the benefit of the people. This policy is similar to National Parks and other protected natural resources. Other agencies throughout the (AZ State Land, BLM, National Forests, etc.) may provide permits for these activities. Please contact the appropriate state office for the type of land you are visiting for more information.

Can I have my wedding at an Arizona state park?

Yes, most parks do host wedding events. Select the park you're interested in and select "Group Planning" from the main menu and then "Weddings" or contact the park directly for more information.

Is geocaching allowed at Arizona State Parks and Trails?

 Arizona State Parks and Trails is not opposed to geocaching. We do ask that geocachers follow the guidelines posted on the national website at regarding the placement of caches on public lands. Those guidelines include not placing caches on archaeological sites, contacting the land manager  – or in the case of AZ State Parks and Trails, contacting the park manager – before placing a cache on park property, and placing caches within two miles of a trailhead while staying on designated trails. Beyond two miles of a trailhead, the park managers are more liberal in where the caches may be placed, but you must remain on designated trails.
By contacting the manager before placing a cache, he/she can let you know if your proposed site is on or near an archaeological site. Not all archaeological sites are obvious. Archaeological sites and petroglyphs are always in danger of discovery and vandalism.

Is there a number to call for further information?

Call 877-MYPARKS (877-697-2757).

How can I receive a free color brochure and packet of information?

There are two ways to request information.

  1. Call (602) 542-4174
  2. Mail your request to Arizona State Parks, 1110 W. Washington Street, Suite 100, Phoenix, Arizona 85007
    Please let us know how you found out about us!