Gift Card Payment
Please retain this gift card in case you cancel your reservation. Any refunds must be made to the original gift card.
Support Your Favorite Parks
Make a tax-deductible donation to Arizona State Parks. Donations go directly to supporting the state parks you love.
What is CVV?
Arizona State Parks does not disclose or share your personal information without your express consent.
This is a secure reservation form.
Oops! Only 5 sites allowed per reservation.
Roper Lake State Park
Camping Reservation Policies
Welcome to Roper Lake State Park
The park is located approximately 164 miles southeast of Phoenix and 130 miles northeast of Tucson. From Phoenix: I-10 E to exit 154 to merge onto US-60 E toward Mesa - Globe. Continue onto US-70 E/E Ash St. Continue to follow US-70 E. Turn right at US-191 S/S 1st Ave. Continue to follow US-191 S. Turn left at Roper Lake Rd.
From Tucson: I-10 E to exit 352 for US-191 N toward Safford. Turn left at US-191 N (signs for Safford). Turn right at W Roper Lake Rd.
- Check in time is 2:00 pm. Check out time is 12:00 pm/ Noon.
- The park's entrance gate closes at 10:00 pm (Arizona time) and reopens at 6:00 am. It is recommended that all campers arrive prior to 10:00 pm. In the event of any possibility of a late arrival, call the park prior to 4:30 pm and a Ranger will provide an access code to be used on the keypad at the gate entrance.
- Upon arrival at the park, please stop at the Visitor Center to check-in and receive your vehicle permit. PLEASE HAVE YOUR CONFIRMATION NUMBER AVAILABLE. Each vehicle must have a permit displayed. The Visitor Center is open from 8:00am - 5:00pm (hours vary upon season). If arriving after 5:00pm please return to the office the following morning to register.
- Occupancy is a maximum of 6 adults not to exceed a total of 12 persons, including children.
- Quiet Hours: 10:00pm - 6:00am (including generators).
- Fires are only permitted in designated areas. Gathering firewood is prohibited.
- Pets must be leashed, picked-up after, and may not be left unattended.
- All vehicles must remain on paved surfaces.
- For all the Agency Rules & Regulations, click here
Camping - If the reservation is cancelled less than 24 hours in advance one night's fees are forfeited. Campers who do not show up by 12 noon the day following the first night's reservation will forfeit all payments and campsite will become available for first-come, first-served.
101 East Roper Lake Road
Safford, AZ 85546