Gift Card Payment
Please retain this gift card in case you cancel your reservation. Any refunds must be made to the original gift card.
Support Your Favorite Parks
Make a tax-deductible donation to Arizona State Parks. Donations go directly to supporting the state parks you love.
What is CVV?
Arizona State Parks does not disclose or share your personal information without your express consent.
This is a secure reservation form.
Oops! Only 5 sites allowed per reservation.
Dead Horse Ranch State Park
Camping Reservation Policies
General Campground Policies, Quail Loop, Red Tail Hawk, Coopers Hawk and Blackhawk::
The Ranger Station is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. If you arrive after 4:30 p.m. proceed into the park, the campgrounds will be the third road on your right, Quail Loop sites 1-45.
If you take the third road on your left (Roadrunner road) it will lead you to Red-tail Hawk Loop sites 46-82. Coopers Hawk Loop sites 83-110. Blackhawk Loop (tents only) sites 111-127.
- Campsites: Check in: 2:00 pm. Check out: 12:00 noon (Strictly enforced)
- All rules and regulations are strictly enforced. If you are not sure, please ask a ranger.
- The park contains natural hazards. Please enjoy the area with caution. Supervise your children!
- All vehicles arriving for a reservation must have in their possession a confirmation notice with name and campsite. Identification will be required at check-in regarding reservations. If you make the reservations for multiple sites/people, you must insure that each party receives a confirmation slip.
- You must park in your designated campsite. At the discretion of the Park Manager, campsites are limited to a maximum of two vehicles. Motorized vehicles in tow count as the second vehicle. All vehicles and trailers must remain on the paved portion of the campsite.
- Developed Campgrounds (Quail Loop, Red Tail Hawk, Coopers Hawk and Blackhawk) Occupancy: 2 vehicles - 6 adults (14 years and older) with a maximum of 10 persons total. Additional fees may apply. Additional persons, beyond 10 total, in increments of one (1) to ten (10), must pay for and occupy another campsite.
- Group Campground, Raven Loop is charged per vehicle.
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. At all times noise levels (including music) must not be heard in neighboring campsites.
- No generators allowed at any time.
- All vehicles are restricted to paved roads and must be "street legal" (registered & insured) to operate within the recreation area. (This includes ATV's, UTV's, Side by Sides, Motorcycles, Scooters etc.) These vehicles may be charged if operated within the recreation area.
- Damaging, defacing or removing natural features: rocks, vegetation, artifacts or public property is against the law. There is NO gathering of or chopping trees for firewood or collecting dead and down wood. Firewood is available for purchase from the Host sites in each loop.
- Campfires are restricted to fire rings, must be kept small, attended at all times and doused thoroughly when done. "Red Flag" (fire restrictions) may preclude wood and charcoal fires. Observe posted signs and/or check with rangers.
Camping - If the reservation is cancelled less than 24 hours in advance one night's fees are forfeited. Campers who do not show up by 12 noon the day following the first night's reservation will forfeit all payments and campsite will become available for first-come, first-served.
675 Dead Horse Ranch Road
Cottonwood, AZ 86326