Award-Winning Family Campout Program Creates Fun-Filled Outdoor Adventures for One Weekend at a State Park
August 3, 2017
PHOENIX – Join the fun at Arizona State Parks and Trails award-winning Family Campout Program this fall! The program gives kids a break from electronics and introduces them to new outdoor adventures for one-weekend at a state park.
The program is ideal for those new to camping but all are welcome to share in this weekend experience. An activity filled weekend could include fishing, archery, mountain biking, hiking, or birding, depending on the date and park chosen. Trained camp coordinators will assist by teaching campers how to set up a tent, prepare food outside, build a fire and work on a service project. The program fee is $90 for a family of up to four people. Additional family members are $5 each for up to six people. Sorry, children five and younger and pets cannot attend this program.
Fall 2017 registration is now open! Visit AZStateParks.com/family-camp to register and for more information:
- September 16-17 - Cattail Cove State Park - Lake Havasu City
- September 23-24 – Homolovi State Park – Winslow
- October 7-8 – Lyman Lake State Park – St. Johns
- October 14-15 – Fool Hollow Lake Recreation Area – Show Low
- October 28-29 – Kartchner Caverns State Park – Benson
- November 4-5 – Picacho Peak State Park – Eloy
- December 2-3 – Lost Dutchman State Park – Apache Junction
Arizona State Parks and Trails’ Family Campout Program was the recipient of the 2015 Youth Enrichment Award from the Arizona Parks and Recreation Association and recipient of the Tourism Spirit of Service Award at the 2016 Arizona Governor’s Conference on Tourism.