Hike the Peak on the Hunter Trail (Guided Hike)
Picacho Peak State Park
April 6, 2019 8:00 a.m.
Get an early start to beat the rising temperatures and join a park volunteer guide on the Hunter Trail and enjoy 360-degree views from the top of Picacho Peak. This is a challenging hike that involves steep switchbacks, rock scrambles, climbing up several cableways and an elevation change of 1,600 feet.
- Total distance is 4 miles round-trip and takes 4-5 hours to complete.
- Not recommended for inexperienced hikers.
- No children under the age of 10.
- No dogs.
- Come prepared with 3-4 liters of water, wear hiking boots, and bring gloves for the cableways.
- Meet at the Hunter Trailhead on the Barrett Loop.
Free with paid park entry. Please call the park at (520) 466-3183 to pre-register. Walk-ups will be allowed based on available space. Max. number of participants: 12.
2/16 and 3/16, 2019
Beginner Guided Hike on the Calloway Trail (moderate difficulty)
Learn a little about hiking safety and enjoy the scenic surroundings as you hike the Calloway trail up to an overlook below the face of Picacho Peak.
March 2, 2019
Picacho Peak via the Sunset Vista Trail (Guided Hike)
Join a park volunteer guide on the scenic Sunset Vista Trail that will lead you to the top of Picacho Peak.