Hike the Peak on the Hunter Trail (Guided Hike)
Picacho Peak State Park
April 6, 2019 8:00 a.m.
Get an early start to beat the rising temperatures and join a park volunteer guide on the Hunter Trail and enjoy 360-degree views from the top of Picacho Peak. This is a challenging hike that involves steep switchbacks, rock scrambles, climbing up several cableways and an elevation change of 1,600 feet.
- Total distance is 4 miles round-trip and takes 4-5 hours to complete.
- Not recommended for inexperienced hikers.
- No children under the age of 10.
- No dogs.
- Come prepared with 3-4 liters of water, wear hiking boots, and bring gloves for the cableways.
- Meet at the Hunter Trailhead on the Barrett Loop.
Free with paid park entry. Please call the park at (520) 466-3183 to pre-register. Walk-ups will be allowed based on available space. Max. number of participants: 12.