Kartchner Caverns Photo Tours!
Kartchner Caverns State Park
May 4, June 8, August 10, September 7, October 5, November 9, December 7 4:30 p.m. - 7:05 p.m.
Have you ever wanted to take photos of the amazing underground world of Kartchner Caverns? Here's your chance! Arizona State Parks and Trails now offers an opportunity to take photos inside the cave every month.
To register, call 877-MY-PARKS and select opt. 2. Registration for this tour is $125 per person.
- Tour is limited to 15 participants, minimum four.
- All participants must be 18 or older.
- All photos are for personal use only and may not be posted on any web page. All participants will sign a non-commercial photography release form to participate.
- Participants must manage their own gear; tripods are allowed.
- Tour will be on the existing paved trail only and participants will spend more time in the cave and standing than on regular tours.
- No food or drinks are permitted inside the cave.
4:30 p.m. - Registered participants meet at the Discovery Center
4:45 p.m. - Tram leaves for cave entrance
5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. - Time in cave
7:05 p.m. - Tram leaves to return to Discovery Center
- Rangers and guides will be available in the cave while on tour.
- Please note that the cave is 70 degrees and 98 percent humidity. Please take all necessary precautions to ensure that your lenses don't fog upon entering.
Thank you for your participation. We look forward to seeing you in the cave!
April 27, May 25, 2019
Hike Series of the Ocotillo Trail
Get a taste of the Whetstone Mountains backcountry on the Ocotillo Trail! Join an experienced park ranger for a 3.2 mile hike over moderate terrain.
October 12-13, 2019
Arizona Family Campout Programweekends are designed for families that have little or no experience camping. We will introduce you to the great experiences you can share with your family and inspire you to continue to explore the great outdoors!
Saturday, October 19, 2019
Star Party at Kartchner Caverns!
Want to learn more about the stars and planets? Do you have any little ones curious about the cosmos? Then head to Kartchner Caverns, an International Dark Sky Park, for a star party!