On Deadline? Call Monica Enriquez, Public Information Officer at (602) 542-6997 or Ellen Bilbrey, Chief of Marketing and Public Relations at (602) 542-1996 or (602) 228-8518 or email pio(at)azstateparks.gov.
Listing of Fire Restrictions by Park
Scroll down to Commerical Filming if you are interested in filming at one of the State Parks.
Members of the media who would like to be on the press release and media advisory email list may send an email to pio(at)azstateparks.gov.
Need Pictures or Video?
We have a library of pictures and video to go with stories about the State Parks, trails, historic places in Arizona, deserts, flowers and much more. Just email us about the story you are writing and we will be able to email small pictures back or use yousendit.com to send larger digital pictures for print use. We will provide photos for stories or other editorial for news only. Commercial rates will apply to purchase pictures for consumer use.
Arizona State Parks announces news on a variety of topics including the 27 State Parks, the State Trails system, outdoor-related funding grants, State Historic Preservation Office programs, archaeology, history, off-highway vehicle issues, and Open Space issues in Arizona to name just a few. See the current press releases or scroll down to the archive of past press releases.
2014 Press Releases
- Fort Verde State Historic Park Celebrates
"Fort Verde Days" October 11-12
- Celebrate the Coming of Fall at the Fall Festival
at Slide Rock State Park on October 4
- 33rd Annual Archaeology Expo at Yuma Quartermaster Depot State Historic Park on March 7;
Events Scheduled throughout Arizona in March for Arizona Archaeology and Heritage Awareness Month
- “Oak Creek Natural Rock Water Slide at Slide Rock State Park Reopens” SAT, SEPT 20, 2014
- Garden Rescue: Scottsdale's Wallace Desert Gardens moving to Boyce Thompson Arboretum State Park
- Verde River Day at Dead Horse Ranch State Park Promotes Preservation
and Environment of the Verde River on Saturday, September 27
- Colonel's Daughter Contest at Fort Verde
State Historic Park on September 28
- Daytripping & Camping Opportunities
South of Sedona for Labor Day Weekend
- Hikes, Walks and Lecture in September at Red Rock State Park
- 5K Trail Run & Kids Fun Run on
September 27 at Kartchner Caverns State Park
- View Nighttime Stars and Celestial Bodies through Telescopes
at Kartchner Caverns State Park's Star Party on September 20
- Learn to Camp with your Family; Arizona State Parks'
Family Campout Program Fall Registration Now Open
- Kelly Moffitt Selected as Chief of Operations for Arizona State Parks
- Arizona State Parks Board Seeking Applicants
for Volunteer Advisory Committees
- Bug Night at Kartchner Caverns State Park on August 16
- Volunteers Needed at Tonto Natural Bridge State Park
- Red Rock State Park Features Moonlight
Hike, Walks and Lectures in August
- Arizona State Parks Announces Funding for
Motorized Trail Projects Deadline September 10
- "Suvoyuki Day" Celebrates Hopi Partners with Dancers,
Hopi Artists and Tours on August 2 at Homolovi State Park
- Arizona State Parks Accepting Grant Applications
for the Outdoor Recreation Legacy Partnership Program - Workshop July 15 - Grant Deadline August 1
- Searching for Weekend Get-Aways? Call "Vacation & Camping Central" (602-542-4174)
- Red Rock State Park Features Moonlight Hike and Star Party in July
- Archaeological Talk at Tonto Natural Bridge State Park on July 12
- Springerville School Rehabilitation Project Received Grand Award
at the 2014 Governor's Awards in Historic Preservation Ceremony
- Live Music, Star Party, Walks and More at Oracle State Park in June
- Oracle State Park Going for International Dark Sky Park Designation
- Homolovi State Park Re-Opens Memorial Day Weekend;
Events Held at the Park through October
- Catalina State Park's Popular Outdoor
Concerts Continue June through December
- Slide Rock State Park is Temporarily Closed Due to Slide Fire;
Camp south of Sedona Memorial Day Weekend
- June at Red Rock State Park Features Yavapai-Apache Cultural Awareness Day, Hikes and Walks
- Get Kids Unplugged and Re-Tuned to Nature
by Visiting a State Park on "Kids to Parks Day"
- Road Construction and Improvement Forces Temporary
Closure of Homolovi State Park from May 11-28
- Head to Southern Arizona for the Annual Mariachi Festival at Patagonia Lake State Park on May 17 and Celebrate Kids to Parks Day
- Lyman Lake State Park Re-Opens for Season;
Picacho Peak State Park Winds Down Season
- Exotic Bird Show at Tonto Natural Bridge State Park on
May 10 Continues Monthly through October; Lecture on May 31
- Birding and Nature Festival at Dead Horse
Ranch State Park on April 24-27
- State Forester Issues Fire Restrictions On State-Owned Lands Outside Incorporated Municipalities Effective April 18, 2014
- Earth Day Celebration at Kartchner Caverns State Park's
Bat Day Focuses on the Science of the Cave on April 19
- Oracle State Park Opens for Weekends
Year-Round; Event Schedule through April
- Star Parties at Catalina State Park on April 19
and Lost Dutchman State Park on April 26
- "History of the Soldier" at Fort Verde State Historic Park April 12-13
- Moonlight Hikes are Back at Red Rock State Park in April
- Star Night Events at Lost Dutchman State Park on March 29
and Tonto Natural Bridge State Park on April 5
- Mountain Biking Sessions for all Types of Riders
at Dead Horse Ranch State Park Through May
- Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day Event on March 30 &
Pecan Pie Contest on March 29 at Fort Verde State Historic Park
- Arizona State Parks Conducts the FY 2014 Growing Smarter Grant Workshop
- Star Parties in Southeastern Arizona at Patagonia Lake
State Park and Kartchner Caverns State Park on March 22
- Coronado Expedition Lecture, Bird Walks and
Geology Hikes in March at Red Rock State Park
- Column from the State Parks Director
- Advisory Committee Openings at Arizona State Parks
- Events Scheduled for 32nd Annual Archaeology and Heritage Awareness Month in March; Archaeology Expo at Catalina State Park on March 29
- Unique Partnership Benefits Catalina State Park
- Off-Highway Vehicle Ambassadors Offer
"Show Me" Rides & Meet/Greet Sessions
- 8th Annual Geo-Cache Desert Bash at
Cattail Cove State Park on March 8
- Dark Skies at Catalina State Park Draw Amateur Astronomers on February 22
- Spring Dates Scheduled for Arizona State Parks' Family Campout
Program; Teaches Families about Camping and the Outdoors
- Buffalo Soldiers Celebrate African American Heritage Month
at Fort Verde State Historic Park on February 15
- "Civil War in the Southwest" Depicts Re-Enactments of Southwest Civil War Skirmishes at Picacho Peak State Park on March 15-16
- Cave Fest on February 8 & 9 at Kartchner Caverns
State Park Focuses on the Science of the Cave
- Arizona State Parks Announces Funding for Motorized and
Non-Motorized Trail Projects Deadline February 28
- Column from the State Parks Director
- Arizona State Parks Hosts the Director's Historic and Archaeological Preservation Series
Publishing (or Linking to) our Domain Name: Please always publish (or link to) our current domain AZStateParks.com and not one of our depreciated domain names. Thank you.
Follow Us on Social Networking Sites
Media and the public can stay connected with the ASP Public Information Office by following us on Twitter . Our Twitter ID is AZStateParks. We're also on MySpace and Facebook .
Commercial Filming/Still Photography Application
Any photographer, video production or film company must complete a Commercial Filming/Still Photography pre-permit application to use Arizona State Parks as a location for commercial work. Download Commercial Filming/Still Photography Application PDF ( 92 KB PDF) or Word Version ( 73 KB PDF) and email the completed form to pio(at)azstateparks.gov or fax to (602) 542-4188.
After the pre-permit application is accepted you will be notified and you may also have to acquire a special-use permit directly with the park you want to use as a location. There is also a $1 million insurance certificate required. Please allow up to 30 days for the completion of the pre-permit application and permit process for large projects but we will try to accomodate any request.
Arizona State Parks Foundation Newsroom
You may also be interested in the Arizona State Parks Foundation Newsroom. Founded in June 2004, the Arizona State Parks Foundation (ASPF) is a force and focus for raising funds and friends to benefit the 30 parks, historic sites and scenic natural areas that comprise Arizona State Parks. As a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, ASPF stands as the partner to assist Arizona State Parks in fulfilling its mission through education, community participation and financial support. ASPF does this by promoting the acquisition, preservation and maintenance of natural, scenic, recreation and historic structures of exceptional value to the citizens of Arizona. It also serves as the foremost advocate for state parks in government forums, at local community levels and through the media.
RSS Feed: Stay Informed
You can now subscribe to our Press Releases through RSS. RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication, and it is! An RSS feed keeps you connected. Click on the orange icon (to the left) to see the RSS feed.
To use RSS you can use Firefox and Live Bookmarks. When you check your bookmarks you'll see any new releases in our folder. Or, you can use a Feed Reader like Google Reader and customize a Google homepage to include our latest releases. It's a perfect solution for getting Arizona State Parks news quickly.
To Subscribe using Firefox, click on the orance icon (above) then press "Subscribe Now". Or, in your browser's address bar (on the top of the window) click the blue RSS icon (see example location in picture below), then press "Subscribe Now".
Press Release Archive