Fool Hollow Lake RA Offers 24/7 Online Campground Reservations!
Reserve your spot (campground RV or tent site) from the comfort of your home, anytime of day. Make online reservations Site reservations for this recreation area are also available by calling the Reservation Center at (520) 586-2283. You can call 7 days a week, from 8 am to 5 pm MST. There is a $5 non-refundable reservation fee per site.
Special Promotion: Stay 7 For 5!
From October 19, 2015 through March 13, 2016, you can take advantage of the Recreation Area's Stay 7 for 5 promotion. Purchase 5 regular nights of camping and get 2 additional nights for free. You MUST call Reservation Center (520) 586-2283 and mention this promotion. (Please note you can't reserve this promotion using the online system — you must call Reservation Center).
Winter Loop Closures & Notices
* Canoe & Kayak Rentals Will Close For Season on October 12, 2015
* Back by popular demand: The Cinnamon Teal Loop will be open for the Thanksgiving Weekend. You can make online reservations starting Tuesday 11/10/15.
* Our Redhead loop will be closed for road repairs starting on October 20, 2015 through November 2, 2015. The Mallard 1 campsite will also be closed for this time frame. Sorry for the inconvenience.
* Loop closures will start in October are listed below. Please call the park to confirm these date’s as we will adjust according to weather and visitation. Please check the local weather reports as the National Weather Service has indicated there may be a good amount of snowfall this winter. Office hours will be variable during the winter season.
Northern Harrier 10/04/15
Bald Eagle 10/12/15
Ruddy Duck 10/12/15
Cinnamon Teal 10/18/15 (except for Thanksgiving weekend)
Redhead 10/22 – 11/02/15
* The lake level is down 13 feet vertical and may make launching boats difficult. Please use caution when trying to launch your boat.
*The Fishing docks are also harder to access due to the low lake level as the ramps can be very steep. Please use caution when accessing and departing from your boat.
Fool Hollow Lake Recreation Area offers year-round camping, picnicking, & more.
Imagine camping in the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest among 100-foot pine trees beside a quiet lake watching majestic great blue herons at a cool 6,300 feet in elevation. Year-round camping, fishing, picnicking, boating and wildlife viewing opportunities make Fool Hollow Lake Recreation Area a popular place. This 800-acre, cool, country recreation area with a 150-acre lake offers history, too.
The tiny town of Adair has long since been covered by the lake, but it was Thomas Jefferson Adair who was responsible for the name Fool Hollow. In 1885, Adair moved into the area with the intention of farming. The locals joked that only a fool would try and farm the place. The name stuck!
This state-of-the-art recreation area, located in the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest, opened in 1994 as a result of an innovative partnership between the U.S. Forest Service, Arizona State Parks, Arizona Game and Fish, the City of Show Low, and corporate sponsors Arizona Public Service and McCarty Construction Company.
Learn more about the Recreation Area's Facilities.
- Alamo Lake
- Buckskin Mountain
- Cattail Cove
- Lake Havasu
- River Island
- Yuma Quartermaster Depot
- Yuma Territorial Prison
- Dead Horse Ranch
- Fort Verde
- Red Rock
- Riordan Mansion
- Slide Rock
- Verde River Greenway
- Boyce Thompson Arboretum
- Fool Hollow Lake
- Lost Dutchman
- Lyman Lake
- Tonto Natural Bridge